Cotton Batting - 240cm wide
Price is per half metre. 100% cotton. 240cm wide.
Our 100% Natural needle-punched cotton batting with scrim binder gives a flat and traditional look to the quilt once it is washed. The batting shrinks slightly (about 3-5%) after being washed and gives a unique and adorable look to the quilt. It is a high 150 GSM batting made from 100% natural cotton without any usage of pesticides or chemicals. This also makes the batting allergy-free. 100% cotton batting is excellent for both pieced and appliqué quilts. Maximum distance required between stitches is 8"-10" which makes it a wonderful choice for hand-quilters. The batting can also be used by machine quilters. The scrim binder will provide additional strength to the batting making it easy to quilt.
- 100% Cotton Batting with Scrim Binder
- Soft & Eco Friendly
- Best for Quilting & Other Special Craft Projects
- Excellent for Machine / Hand Quilting
- Maintains Loft
- Needles wonderfully
- Needle punched with scrim binder
- Maximum distance between stitches: 8″-10″
Advantages of Cotton Batting:
- Cotton is a natural product that breathes, allowing access heat to move away from the body as one uses it
- Cotton batting gets softer with age and use
- Cotton batting does not bread (“Breading” occurs when batting fibers come out through the quilt top or backing). This preserves the look of your quilt for very long time
- Cotton battings are very good choice for wall-hangings. The quilts hang nicely and there is no drooping